Friday, July 16, 2010

Baker City

It's almost time.

My friend Hendo picked me up in Boise and drove us to Baker City this afternoon. He headed out after we unloaded my gear for a campout somewhere in the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest.

Important travel note: most of Oregon is under construction.

I met up with Dad and the other group members, got myself settled in my room at the Oregon Trail Motel (nice people, they undercharged me), and then met the group to go get dinner.

Meet the gang:
  • Dad - retired and a longtime bicyclist. He originally wanted to bike across the country, but just could not work out the logistics.
  • Aunt Wanda - Dad's sister. She started driving with him a week ago, and will drive the support van to Missoula.
  • Steve and Vicki - friends of Dad's from Kansas who have ridden Bike Across Kansas (BAK) with him previously. They are riding with Dad for two weeks.
I'm anxious to get going, honestly. There are a couple hills tomorrow that promise to be challenging (I'm being nice here). So I'll feel better when we're under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment